If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to introduce yourself to me and tell me your story and goals! I’d love to hear all about you! We’re all in this together and I’m here for you all if you ever want to talk or vent. Fitness and the road to being a healthier, happier person isn’t always easy. Having a friend along the way makes things much better!
Going to WholeFoods for the first time to celebrate finding a job!
I FINALLY got a job at a movie theatre to save up some cash for when I go back to school. To celebrate, my younger sister and I are heading to Whole Foods for the first time. Neither of us have a lot of money, but I think it will still be fun. We live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so its about a 45 minute(ish) drive to get there.
Also I’m really happy to spend some time with my sister. She’s going through that awkward teenage phase where she doesn’t want to hang out with anyone. It sucks cause we’re so much alike and she’s a HUGE health buff. Not to mention she’s amazing inspiration. She’s super fit and gorgeous, and she works so hard to keep it that way. So yeah, I’m pretty excited.
Side note, I’m such a beauty flop! I have no idea what to do with my hair and I only know one look for makeup! If you have advice send it to me in my ask please! I never really learned since I mostly hang out with boys and play video games lol
1) Cooking at High Heat - Some oils are unsafe to cook with at high temperatures, coconut oil is a great alternative.
2) On Toast Instead of Butter - Simply use coconut oil instead of butter on your toast.
3) Eat it by the Spoonful - Coconut oil is that delicious and healthful. Enjoy one spoonful each morning.
4) Smoothies - Add one tablespoon of coconut oil into your favorite smoothie recipe and increase your energy with the oil’s MCTs. Check out this post for the Top Smoothie Ingredients.
5) Fry Eggs - Lightly coat the bottom of your skillet with coconut oil to create a non-stick surface and delicious eggs.
6) Popping Popcorn - A sweet twist on a classic snack! To make stove top popcorn, you need a heavy-bottomed pan. First, add the coconut oil and popcorn to the pot. Coat the area of the pot with the oil, and use just enough popcorn to make a single layer over the bottom of the pot. Give the pot a little shake to make sure all of the kernels are coated with oil. Next, place the pot over medium heat. Put the lid on the pot, leaving it slightly open so that steam can escape. It should take about five minutes for the popcorn to pop completely.
7) Popcorn Topping - Instead of butter, melt a little coconut oil and pour it over your popped popcorn. Then sprinkle lightly with Himalayan crystal salt.
8) Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips - Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Thinly slice sweet potatoes to about 1/8” thick. Place slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with coconut oil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chips are lightly brown. Add salt to taste, and serve with salsa or dip. (Or just eat them plain – either way they’re delicious!)
9) Replace Vegetable Oil for Baking - Next time you make your favorite brownie recipe, replace the vegetable oil with coconut oil. Your friends will be begging you for the recipe.
10) Pan Frying - Next time you fry up a batch of sweet potato fries or a piece of chicken, use coconut oil.
It’s sad, but over half of the people I follow haven’t posted anything in over 6 months :( So I need some healthy, body-positive blogs to follow. Reblog this and I’ll check you out because I’m desperate for a dash that’s actually…you know…ALIVE.